Fenwick Fellow Program
The Fenwick Fellowship is awarded annually to a Mason faculty member to pursue a research project that uses and enhances the University Libraries’ resources while advancing knowledge in her or her field. The competition is open to tenured and tenure-track faculty members at Mason and provides one award of up to $5,000 for research materials and assistance, along with the use of an office in Fenwick Library for one academic year. Applications are accepted starting in March until a designated date in late April. All submitted applications contain a brief proposal and curriculum vitae along with a signed acknowledge and approval from the applicant’s department chairperson. Contents include:
- A project summary and information about the central problem to be addressed
- Evidence of the applicant’s previous work in the general area
- Research methodologies to be used.
- Explanation of why research space in the library is needed
- A budget, broken down to show specific materials and/or services to be purchased with the award
- Expected results of the fellowship