Choose a Course-Specific Guide or Subject Guide
Course guides highlight the best library resources to help students with research assignments in a specific course, while subject guides are more general and highlight resources relative to a specific discipline or research area.
How to locate a course-specific guide
- Go to the University Libraries home page (library.gmu.edu) and click InfoGuides.
Click "Course Sources" in the middle column.
- Choose the course guide for your course. [Note that not all courses at Mason have a corresponding course guide. A librarian can create a course guide that is tailored to meet the research needs of students in your course. To request a course guide, contact your liaison librarian directly, or contact Educational Services].
- Copy the URL of the guide. There is usually a shortcut URL to the guide just above the yellow tabs, as indicated in the image below, that is simpler than the URL in the browser's location bar.
How to locate a guide
- Go to the University Libraries home page (library.gmu.edu) and click "InfoGuides".
- Find your general subject area under the middle column (e.g., for Art History or Performing Arts, click Arts - Performing & Visual (CVPA)).
- Choose a relevant subject guide.
- Copy the URL of the guide.
Embed Guide in Blackboard
- Once you've chosen a guide, log into your course at courses.gmu.edu. Make sure you're on the Build tab, and then click "Manage Course."
- Select Course Menu, and then locate the Add Custom Link button at the top of the list of course tools.
- Give the custom link a title, like "Library Course Page," and enter the URL. Click "Save."
- You should now see a link for "Library Course Page" in the "Course Tools" menu. You can also embed your InfoGuide via a link from another section of your course.
For more assistance,
Libraries' Educational Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.