Interim Lead, Social Sciences Team & Mason Square Library; and Policy and Government Librarian
- Master of Library and Information Science, University of South Carolina
- Master of Arts in Arab Studies, Georgetown University
- Bachelor of Arts in Politics, Messiah College
Kim MacVaugh joined Mason Libraries in 2019, after several years working as a statutory content editor at LexisNexis. Previously she worked as the Associate Publisher for Just World Books in Charlottesville, Virginia, as Middle East Foreign Policy Program Assistant for the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) in Washington, DC, and as a fieldworker on peace and international development projects for the Mennonite Central Committee in Bethlehem, Occupied Palestinian Territories.
She is currently also an adjunct faculty member in the Schar School, teaching Policy Writing Fundamentals in Fall 2021.
What I do at Mason Libraries
Kim MacVaugh is the liaison librarian to the Schar School of Policy and Government, serving undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty in the department on both Fairfax and Arlington campuses. She is also the government documents coordinator, managing the Federal Depository Library Program for Fenwick Library as well as the Virginia government documents and European Union documents collections.
Selected Scholarship and Service
Service to the Profession
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Liaison to the American Political Science Association (APSA), 2020-present
- Chair of the Communication and Publications Committee of the Politics, Policy, and International Relations Section (PPIRS) of ACRL, 2021-present
Service to Mason Libraries
- Vice-chair, Librarians' Council, 2021-2022
- Chair, Distinguished Library Faculty Award Committee, 2021
- Secretary, Librarians' Council, 2020-2021
Service to George Mason University
- Graduate Education Reimagine Task Force, 2021-present
- BIS Research Mentor, 2020-present
- Teaching Data in the Social Sciences, Mason Libraries research team, 2020-present