The Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) is a service where patrons may borrow books, articles, and other materials not available in the George Mason University Library system from a group of regional university libraries:
- American University
- Catholic University
- Gallaudet University
- Georgetown University
- George Washington University
- Howard University
- Marymount University
- University of D.C.
Select ‘Interlibrary Loan (ILL)’ under 'My Library' of the library's homepage at library.gmu.edu.
Select ‘WRLC catalog’.
Search for the item needed, using the drop down menus to refine and limit your search to field (title, author, etc.) and/or library (American, Catholic, etc.).
Select the item needed from the results list, if the item needed is not found, make an ILL Request.
Select the ‘Request’ button in the upper right hand corner. (The ‘request’ button will take you to the WRLC login page.)
Login with your institution, last name, and university ID (either Mason G# or Mason ID barcode if you have an old style card, or G# if you have a new style card).
Complete the appropriate form, please remember to select the appropriate library location and reenter your university ID (either Mason G# or Mason ID barcode).
Select the ‘Submit Request’ button at the bottom of the form. If your request is for a book or media item, your request is now complete and has been submitted. For article & chapter requests, continue to Step 9.
Enter your Mason NetID and password to login to your ILLiad account. If this is your first time using ILLiad, please visit the ILLiad First-time User Page.
Click on the 'I Agree with the Copyright Terms, Submit My Request' button after reading the copyright notice.
- You will be notified via email when your request is available.
- Articles will be delivered online to your ILLiad account.
- Books and other materials will be delivered to the selected library location.
If you have trouble placing a request or have specific questions about your request, contact a library service desk:
- Fenwick: 703.993.2240
- Arlington: 703.993.8188
- Prince William: 703.993.8340
- The average time to receive books, articles, etc. is two (2) or three (3) days. If you need items faster, you can borrow them directly from the WRLC university libraries with your Mason ID.
- If the WRLC does not have the item you need, or if you're a distance education (DE) student, request your material through interlibrary loan (ILL).
Additional Questions and Help
If you have trouble or questions about the WRLC, ask a librarian.
Introducing the Washington Research Library Consortuimby M. English is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.