Circulation policies apply to all borrowers except as specified.
Faculty & Staff Loan Periods
- Books: 1 term *
- Music Recordings (CDs & LPs): 2 weeks
- Videos (DVDs & VHS): 1 week
- Course Reserves: 24 hours
Faculty Proxy Borrower
George Mason University faculty may authorize a proxy to borrow library materials in the faculty member's name.
- The Faculty Proxy Authorization Form must be completed and processed before the authorized proxy can borrow item(s).
- The faculty member remains solely responsible for the return of the materials borrowed by the proxy and will receive all library notices for those materials (recall notices, courtesy reminders, availability notices, overdue notices and fine/fee statements).
- Authorization period may be any length of time through June 30.
- The completed University Libraries Faculty Proxy Authorization Form may be sent via campus mail and/or delivered to any Mason Library Circulation Desk.
Faculty Delivery Service
OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
Mason faculty can request a Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program card that provides access to the collections of other participating academic research libraries. See OCLC Policies and Participating Institutions.