Most of the University Libraries' online resources (databases, e-journals and e-books) are governed by license agreements which limit use to current George Mason University students, faculty, staff, and on-site users of George Mason University Libraries.
However, many public library systems provide remote access to online databases, e-journals and e-books with a current public library card:
- Fairfax County Public Library
- Arlington County Public Library
- Prince William County Public Library
- Loudoun County Public Library
- Alexandria Public Library
- Fauquier County Public Library
- Central Rappahannock Regional Library (Fredericksburg)
Find It Virginia (access requires valid library card number from any Virginia library)
- Collection of databases that provide access to newspapers, magazine and journal articles, and books.
- Virginians can visit their local public library to register for a library card.