Professional Positions and Classified Staff Positions
- Available positions in the Mason Libraries system are posted on the George Mason University career opportunities site.
- Library positions found by clicking on the Search Postings link and choosing "Library" under Department.
- All applications must be submitted via the Mason Human Resources website.
Student Wages Positions
Mason Libraries hire registered Mason students to work day, evening and weekend hours in various departments and units of the Libraries.
- Basic pay rate begins at $8.00 per hour.
- Available student jobs are posted on Masons Career Services HireMason system.
- Applications must be submitted via HireMason; if no positions are posted, no current student assistant positions are available in the Libraries at the time.
- Supervisors select applicants based on hours of availability, skills, etc.
- Successful applicants are contacted and interviewed by the hiring Library Department.
Graduate Research Assistants (GRA)
Mason Libraries offer full-time Mason graduate students the opportunity to work directly with Mason librarians on a variety of projects across the library system. Graduate students can also develop excellent research, teaching and customer relations skills, as well as gain in-depth experience using current academic research resources and information technologies. University Library Graduate Research Assistants (GRA) appointment dates are August 25 through May 24.
- Available GRA positions are posted on Masons Career Services HireMason system.
- Applications must be submitted via HireMason; if no positions are posted, no current GRA positions are available in the Libraries at the time.