- MS - Educational Psychology, George Mason University
- MS - Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BA - History, University of Wisconsin - Madison
Forthcoming. Oberlies, M.K., Kirker, M.J., Mattson, J., & Byrd, J. (2021). Epistemology of Teaching Librarians: Examining the Translation of Beliefs to Practice. College & Research Libraries.
Kirker, M.J. & Stonebraker, I. (2019). Architects, Renovators, Builders, and Fragmenters: A model for first year students’ self-perceptions and perceptions of information literacy. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 45, 1-8. doi:10.1016/j.acalib.2018.10.009
Kirker, M.J. (2019). “Cultivating teacher-librarians through a community of practice.” In M. Mallon, R. Huisman, L. Hays, C. Bradley, & J. Belanger (Eds.), The Grounded instruction librarian: Participating in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (pp. 311-319). Chicago, IL: ACRL Press.
Mattson, J., Kirker, M.J., Oberlies, M., & Byrd, J. (2017). “Carving out a space: Ambiguity and librarian teacher identity in the academy.” In The self as subject: Autoethnographic research into identity,
- Teacher-librarian identity
- Teacher-librarian self-efficacy
- Communities of practice in librarianship
- Information literacy