In addition to our day-to-day work here in the Libraries, Libraries' faculty and staff are involved in a variety of activities on and off campus: conducting workshops, publishing articles, receiving grants, forming partnerships, serving as expert panelists, contributing to professional organizations, and many other endeavors. See below for what we are up to this academic year, and visit our archives page for past accolades.
Kathleen Bell, Grants, Planning, and Assessment Analytics Officer
- Participant, 2018 Minnesota Leadership Institute for Early-Career Librarians (July 2018).
Stephanie Grimm, Art and Art History Librarian
- Panelist, “Comics for All: the Role of Libraries in Comics Culture and Scholarship,” Comics Studies Society Conference, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (August 2018).
- Co-Author, “Panel Problems: Issues and Opportunities in Webcomics Web Archiving,” Art Documentation: the Journal of the Art Libraries Society of North America (Fall 2018).
Jo Ann Henson, Business & Economics Librarian
- Chair, CABAL - Capital Area Business Academic Librarians (2018-2019).
- Presenter, "Factiva - a tool for Business Research Instruction.” CABAL/BLINC (Business Librarians in North Carolina) Joint Annual Conference, Richmond, VA (July 2018).
Kim Hoffman, Lead, Science/Technology Team & Mercer Library
- Co-presenter, "Scholarly Connections: Leveraging Citation Data to Highlight Trends in Faculty Research," NIH Bibliometrics & Research Assessment Symposium, Poster B09, Day 2 (August 2018).
Beth Roszkowski, Team Lead Social Sciences & Head, Arlington Campus Library
Co-author, "Self-directed achievement: Building a culture of professional development." In C. Ippoliti (Ed.), The savvy academic librarian’s guide to technological innovation: Moving beyond the wow factor (2018).
Jen Stevens, Team Lead, Arts and Humanities
- Accepted, PhD in Writing and Rhetoric program, George Mason University.
John Zenelis, Dean of Libraries and University Librarian
- George Mason University Representative, Governing Board, Washington Library Research Consortium (2018-19).
- Member, Executive Committee, Governing Board, Washington Library Research Consortium (2018-2019).