Focused on student learning and success, the Gateway Library will continue to be a crucial collaborator in teaching and learning for our undergraduates (particularly new students and other special student populations), as well as an active partner in co-curricular activities on the Fairfax campus.
Collections (Late Spring – Summer 2018)
- All circulating books relocated – some to Fenwick Library and most to the Washington Research Library Consortium’s (WRLC) state-of the-art and environmentally controlled shared collections facility.
- Course reserves and the collection of current textbooks (TextSelect) will be moved to Fenwick Library as of Fall 2018, and the multi-media collection will follow in the future.
- All books transferred to WRLC will be discoverable through Mason Libraries Search and can be delivered for use by members of the Mason community within 24-48 hours.
Services / Programs
- As a learning commons specializing in undergraduate instructional services, Gateway will continue to be a welcoming, collaborative environment for individual and small group teaching, learning, and study. Also, the very popular One Button Studio will continue at this library.
- Vibrant partnerships with OSCAR, Honors College, the Writing Center, INTO Mason, the Speech Lab, University Life, Career Services, and many others will continue and deepen.
- Library faculty and staff will continue to seek opportunities to collaborate with other relevant units in designing and delivering related services with relevant partners located in the Johnson Center.