Welcome to the University Libraries! Need assistance with research? Have a general question about the campus and its resources or services? Ask one of the Gateway librarians or just stop by Gateway Library in the Jonhson Center between classes. We will be glad to show you around the library and our array of resources.
The Gateway Library is here to support first-year and transfer students in your transition to Mason by providing resources and services that help you achieve academic success. To create a positive learning experience for you at Mason, the Gateway Library offers:
- A group of librarians who specialize in the needs of new students
- Personal research assistance at the Gateway Library
- Learning spaces for quiet study and group work
- Research tools including access to scholarly sources, computers, and wireless Internet access
- Workshops to help you get started in your research
We recommend that students start research with the following databases:
- Proquest Research Library: Provides access to newspapers, magazines, multidisciplinary scholarly journals
- Academic Search Complete: Provides access to multidisciplinary scholarly journals, magazines
- ScienceDirect: Provides full-text access to scholarly journals mainly in the natural and health sciences. Includes a limited collection of social science and humanities journals.
- For more subject specific databases, consult the ENGH 302 InfoGuide or contact your subject librarian for more suggestions.
Also see our list of Popular sources for e-Books, Images, and Streaming Video
For more information, contact the Teaching and Learning Services office in Gateway Library by e-mailing email@example.com.