Lead, Arts and Humanities Team
PhD Student, Writing and Rhetoric, George Mason University
MLIS, University of Texas, Austin
MA, English, University of Colorado, Boulder
BA, English, University of Colorado, Boulder
I am originally from south eastern Washington state (the dry side of the state); I've also lived in Colorado, Utah, and Texas.
What I do at Mason Libraries
I've been at Mason for some 15 years now, serving as a subject librarian and now also the Team Lead for the Arts & Humanities Team. As a subject librarian, I work with the English and Philosophy departments, and the Women and Gender Studies program. I've also taught a class on comics for the Honors College.
I really enjoy working with Mason students, staff, and faculty - there's always so much to learn and I love helping folks find the information and sources that they need for their research. My research and professional interests include writing and rhetoric, indexing, and the digital humanities.
- Sheehan, Sarah E., and Jen Stevens. “Creating a Popular Romance Collection in an Academic Library.” Journal of Popular Romance Studies, vol. 5, no. 1, 2015.
- Stevens, Jen, et al. “Revising Academic Library Governance Handbooks.” In the Library With the Lead Pipe, July 2015.
- Stevens, Jen, and Dorothea Salo. Fantasy Authors: A Research Guide. Libraries Unlimited, 2008.
- Stevens, Jen, and Sarah K. McCord. “Long-Term Literary E-Zine Stability: A Predictive Model.” Technical Services Quarterly, vol. 22, no. 3, 2005, pp. 28–45.
- Stevens, Jen. “From Catastrophe to Eucatastrophe: J.R.R. Tolkien’s Transformation of Ovid’s Pyramus and Thisbe into Beren and Lúthien.” Tolkien and the Emergence of Myth: A Reader, edited by Jane Chance, University of Kentucky Press, 2004, pp. 119–32.
Note: Last name changed to Fehsenfeld from Stevens in 2020.
Selected University Service
- Consulting Member, Writing Across the Curriculum Faculty Senate Committee. Aug. 2014 to present
- Chair, Libraries Management Advisory Council. July 2019 to present
- Member, Librarian' Council Professional Review Committee. July 2020 - present
- Chair, Librarians' Council Committee on Committees. July 2019 to June 2020
- Member, Libraries' Digital Scholarship Team. 2017 – 2019
- Chair, Art and Art History Librarian Search Committee. July, 2016 to Dec., 2016