Recommended articles on the history and future of scholarly publishing models
- "The Impact of Big Deal Breaks on Library Consortia: An Exploratory Case"
- "Is the staggeringly profitable business of scientific publishing bad for science?"
- "Untangling Academic Publishing: A history of the relationship between commercial interests, academic prestige and the circulation of research"
- "The prehistory of biology preprints: A forgotten experiment from the 1960s"
- "Sustaining Values and Scholarship: A Statement by the Provosts of the Big Ten Academic Alliance"
- "Inequality in Knowledge Production: The Integration of Academic Infrastructure by Big Publishers"
- "The Oligopoly of Academic Publishers in the Digital Era"
- "Evaluating big deal journal bundles"