- Study rooms are reserved online.
- Study rooms may only be reserved by George Mason University students, faculty, or staff.
- Study rooms may not be used for commercial or commerce-related activities.
- Study rooms may be reserved once a day up to 4 hours per day.
- Advance reservations vary by library.
- All Bookings Must be Consecutive (no gaps between chosen time-slots). Failure to do so may result in a cancellation of a reservation without notice.
- Two or more people constitute a group for purposes of using a group study room.
- Only one group can occupy a study room at a time.
- Individuals should use a study carrel or other seating elsewhere in the library.
- An individual can not hold the group student room while waiting for the arrival of others in the group.
- Study rooms that are not occupied by at least two people within 15 minutes after the start of the reservation may be forfeited.
- Study room privacy is not guaranteed.
- University Libraries staff reserve the right to enter any group study room at any time withour prior permission of the occupants.
- Any obstruction of windows is prohibited.
- Occupants may not post signs (e.g. Occupied, Do Not Disturb, Keep Out, etc.)
- Occupants must conform to the University's policies for personal conduct and the Library Resources and Facilities Use Policy.
- Smoking, sleeping, cooking, card playing, partying, painting, music, club meetings and/or any other activities disruptive to others are prohibited.
- Noise levels from any conversations and/or equipment must not disturb others.
- Neither the Library nor the University is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to "hold" a room by any individual or group.
- Unattended personal property left in an unoccupied study room may be removed by library staff and taken to the Library's lost found (located at the desk).
- Lost Items Policy
- Occupants are prohibited from using any equipment that may cause a safety hazard (e.g. extended electrical cords, cables, cooking appliances, etc.)
- Furniture cannot be moved into or out of a study room.