Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
George Mason University Libraries strives to embody the Mason core value "Diversity is Our Strength" by fostering an equitable and inclusive organizational environment that values and respects Mason's students, faculty and staff, alumni, and members of the broader community. We commit to providing library services, collections, and programs that reflect the diversity of our academic community, raise cultural awareness and competency, and represent the broadest range of thought perspectives and human experiences. We strive to ensure equitable access to our expertise, physical and digital spaces, resources, and services. We endeavor to foster an academic library culture that addresses systemic inequities. We embrace current and seek future library employees from diverse backgrounds as a source of profound organizational strength.
- University Libraries and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences announce new Center for Mason Legacies
- Libraries' Statement Against Racism and Violence
- Mason Libraries participates in new, national initiative to make educational materials accessible
- Anti-Racism, #BlackLivesMatter, and Civic Action resource guide
- Diverse Voices in Music Scholarship and Repertoire
- Finding Diverse Voices in Academic Research