The Information Desk accepts items found within the library and then sends them on to Mason Police, as appropriate. Upon receipt, all items are stored in a secure location. The Information Desk does not hold items for drop-off or pick-up.
If you lost an item while visiting the library, you may submit a claim.
To best align with Mason Police policy, the GMU Libraries accept the following items:
- Wallets, purses, backpacks, etc.
- ID cards (including but not limited to George Mason University IDs, driver’s licenses, passports, etc.)
- Credit/debit cards
- Electronics (including but not limited to cell phones, laptops, tablets, computers, etc.)
- Keys (including but not limited to car keys, campus keys, mail keys, etc.)
- Prescription glasses
- Other high-priority items, as appropriate
These items will be routed to Mason Police on a weekly basis. Items that fall outside of these guidelines may be disposed of as the library sees fit.
For questions and concerns regarding Campus Lost and Found, please contact Mason Police’s Lost and Found section at 703-993-2975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.