- TextSelect service has resumed in a modified format, focusing on Mason Core classes.
- Search the Textbooks on Reserve to locate TextSelect books.
- Print textbooks for in-person courses are available at Fenwick Library Information Desk and may be checked out for two-hour sessions.
- For online courses, electronic textbooks (as they become available) will be accessible through Blackboard.
- If you are a faculty member requesting a textbook for a class you are teaching, please use our new Course Reserves platform, Leganto.
TextSelect is a project of the Mason Libraries to help address the cost of required textbooks. The Libraries' collection includes required textbooks that exceed $50 for the following 100, 200, 300 & 400 level required courses*:
- Required General Education classes
- Required School of Business classes
- Required Conflict Resolution classes
- Required Economics classes
- Required Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Health and Nursing classes
TextSelect also includes textbooks under $50.00 if they are already in the Libraries' collection. In addition to the undergraduate titles included in TextSelect, the Libraries are able to fund the inclusion of selected graduate-level textbooks in the subject areas listed above. Textbooks are on 2-hour reserve in the Fenwick Library, Fairfax Campus, except for courses held on the Mason Square or Science and Technology Campuses. Students can locate TextSelect textbooks in the Mason Catalog.
TextSelect does not include 'disposable' items like workbooks, media items (including CDs), or loose-leaf texts.
*The only English courses included in TextSelect are ENGH 100, 101, and 302.
For Students: If you would like for a specific textbook to be on reserve but it does not meet the criteria listed above, please fill out the following request form. Requests will be reviewed by library staff and added to the collection as appropriate, given demand and budgetary constraints.