Streaming Media Requests will be accepted for current or forthcoming Mason Online hybrid and fully online courses only. Please submit your request 4-6 weeks prior to the date needed.
Face-to-face instructors have several options:
- Consider screening the media in the classroom. You may make a media screening request to ensure that the item is available on the day you need it.
- Consider putting the physical media item on reserve so that students can check the item out for a limited amount of time and view it on their device or on the media players available in the Libraries.
- Find out if a streaming copy of the source is available online to all students and faculty.
- Contact your subject librarian or the media librarian directly to determine whether streaming rights for the media item will be considered for addition to the library collection.
- Attempt to find an alternate media source which meets your pedagogical needs in the library holdings for which we already have streaming rights.
- Treat the media source as a required course text and have students purchase physical copies or pay to screen the media source on a commercial streaming service.